Since many of you appreciate the funny and bizarre things I post from time to time, I’ve decided to go in a new direction and talk about the ridiculous United States laws that are still in effect today. I’ve discovered so many unbelievable laws that a book wouldn’t be enough to write them all, so I gathered the 22 I consider ‘favorites’ just for you.
As I said, it’s my personal top list, therefore you’ll find my very favorite at the end of the list, #1!
If you are aware of some bizarre law still in effect where you live, feel free to tell me in the comments below.
*Please note that even though these laws are still active, they are most likely not enforced.
22. Bingo games cannot last more than 5 hours (North Carolina)
21. Chickens are not allowed to cross the road (Quitman, Georgia)
20. If you cut down a cactus, you could be sentenced to 25 years in prison (Arizona)
19. Policemen are allowed to bite a dog if they think it will calm the dog down (Paulding, Ohio)
18. It’s illegal to sell your eyeballs (Texas)
17. It’s against the law to sing off-key (North Carolina)
16. You may not sell toothpaste and a toothbrush to the same customer on a Sunday (Rhode Island)
15. You are not allowed to eat fried chicken any other way than using your hands (Gainesville, Georgia)
14. Marriage between cousins is against the law only if they are younger than 65 (Utah)
13. Red cars may not drive down Lake Street (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
12. It’s forbidden for a female to appear unshaven in public (Carrizozo, New Mexico)
11. Bear wrestling matches are prohibited (Alabama)
10. You may not take a picture of a rabbit from January to April without an official permit (Wyoming)
9 .You cannot buy meat of any kind on Sunday (Washington)
8. It’s illegal to attend a public event or use public transport within 4 hours of eating an onions or garlic (Indiana)
7. In San Antonio, flirting is against the law (Texas)
6. It’s illegal for a man to give his fiancé a box of candy that weighs more than 50 lbs (22.5 kg) (Idaho)
5. A motorist with criminal intentions must stop at the city limits and telephone the chief of police as he is entering the town (Washington)
4. If you are found stealing soap, you must wash yourself until the bar of soap has been completely used up (Arizona)
3. If you have mustaches, it’s illegal for you to kiss a woman (Eureka, Nevada)
2. It’s against the law for a woman to drive a car in Main Street unless her husband is walking in front of the car waving a red flag (Waynesboro, Virginia)
1. You can be arrested or fined for harassing Bigfoot (Washington)